The horrifying murder of Marysa Nichols

This week, a man was found guilty in the slaying of a 14-year-old girl, and the details of the crime have made it to media headlines more than three years after the horrifying incident. The disappearance and death of Marysa Nichols remains on the minds of Red Bluff, California residents -- especially with the latest news in her case. However, her murder serves as a reminder to people across the world that you're not ever 100% safe from stepping in harm's way.

On February 26, 2013, Marysa Nichols was reported missing by her parents when she did not return home from school. The search for the 14-year-old girl lasted approximately two days before her slain body was located behind the Red Bluff High School, where she was a student. Upon the discovery of her body, authorities were immediately certain that they had a homicide on their hands. At the time, authorities kept the details of Marysa's death hush-hush. It only took a couple of days before a suspect was arrested and charged with her murder: Quentin Ray Bealer.
So how did this 14-year-old California girls cross paths with her killer? And how exactly did she die? The circumstances surrounding the horrifying murder of Marysa Nichols are shocking. Nichols reportedly left school on foot the afternoon following her classes, and it was very shortly after this that she encountered Quentin Ray Bealer. The California man, in his late 30s, was a career criminal with a lengthy rap sheet that included petty crimes and domestic violence related arrests. However, he did not have a reported criminal history associated with rape, kidnapping or murder. Nonetheless, on this February day in 2013, Quentin Bealer felt compelled to violently assault and murder the 14-year-old girl.

The details have only been pieced together through investigative evidence, because Bealer still maintains his innocence in the crimes that were committed. However, authorities believe that the man somehow lured the 14-year-old California girl down to a riverbed, approximately a mile behind the school where she was last seen leaving on foot. It was there that the much-older man attempted to rape Marysa. It should be noted, however, that the rape didn't appear to be successful, since no semen evidence was reportedly found during the autopsy of her body. Ultimately, Marysa Nichols was strangled to death, and her body was left in disarray along with her few possessions and clothing. It was a disorganized crime scene left by a disorganized criminal -- a drug addict who had just celebrated his own daughter's birthday by sexually assaulting and murdering a 14-year-old girl.

Even though the man -- now 42-years-old -- maintains his innocence, the evidence was simply stacked against him. That is why he has been convicted in the tragic murder of Marysa Nichols. At this time, it is not known what kind of sentence he will be handed. The state of California does indeed have the death penalty -- something this scumbag certainly deserves. It is because of him that a family will never see a beautiful young girl grow up to achieve something in her life. They were robbed of their child, and she was robbed of her existence. Meanwhile, loved ones of the convicted killer are also the victims.

Hopefully the sentence this man is given suits the crimes he committed.


Popular Posts