A True Crime blog showcasing daily true crime stories, missing people and cold cases...

Mar 16, 2015

My thoughts on the Anjelica Hadsell disappearance

By now many of you are aware of the disappearance of Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell. The Norfolk, Virginia teen vanished on March 3rd, leaving behind just enough evidence to inspire concern that she's fallen victim to foul play. Some of you have had a ton of questions pertaining to her family, and of course the rumor mill is spinning out of control with this case like with every other high profile disappearance. That is why I dedicated Sunday's podcast to her case, and invited her father Wesley on the broadcast to talk about her case. I hoped that Wesley would be able to answer some of the numerous questions that have circulated over the course of the past couple of weeks.

In fact, Wesley provided more than I could have ever hoped for in a live interview. Even though he couldn't reveal a lot of sensitive information -- such as names -- he was able to reveal information that had never been addressed in the media. He revealed that AJ's jacket has allegedly been found in the possession of a person that Wesley feels is a person of interest in her disappearance. He also revealed that pieces of credit card that were found looked suspiciously clean -- insinuating that someone had planted the evidence.

During the interview with Wesley -- which lasted approximately 30 minutes -- I paid extra attention to his speech patterns, his breathing and his other audible behaviors. One thing that stood out to me immediately was his constant sniffing, which can be explained by recent crying (given the current situation with his daughter this would be a rational explanation). His voice broke while speaking about Anjelica -- an indication of fighting back tears, or choking on the tightening of one's throat brought on by anxiety.

I am fully aware of Wesley Hadsell's criminal record. I'm also more than aware that a person's past isn't always an indicator of their present or future behavior. In other words, I'm not convinced that Wesley's prior run-ins with the law have anything to do with the disappearance of his daughter Anjelica Hadsell. I believe that it's dangerous and unhelpful to set my sights on one aspect or element in this case that may or may not be related. Tunnel vision isn't helpful when this young woman is missing under circumstances that are still, frankly, very shaky and hard to decipher and piece together definitively.

My first impression of Wesley Hadsell was that of a parent who is worried and in grief, because he deep down suspects that he knows what happened to her. Having had more than one discussion with Hadsell, I was able to determine that he suspects someone in particular in AJ's disappearance and even though he wishes he can share all the details, he can't because of the investigation. He seemed really offended that people on the internet were bringing up his criminal past in connection to his daughter's disappearance, and rightfully so. Some of the comments made about him online are going beyond mention of his past, crossing into very personal territory. This is why he seemed dedicated to clarifying his story and sharing as many details as he could.

Until I'm shown something different, I'm going to believe that Wesley Hadsell is a grieving parent who is struggling with the attention this case is getting while trying to push for answers and/or justice. I know this may come as a disappointment to some of the folks out there who believe that Wesley Hadsell is somehow responsible for his 18-year-old daughter's disappearance, but I'm simply choosing to reserve full judgment until I am shown more details in this case. In particular, I'd really like law enforcement in the area to come out with some kind of statements either confirming or denying what Wesley has told me.

So what do I think happened to Anjelica Hadsell?

Piecing together the details her father shared with me, it's apparent that this young woman is not missing voluntarily. I don't believe she left on her own free will, and I don't believe she's avoiding detection while missing voluntarily for all this time. Like her loved ones, I believe that something happened to her. If it's true that her jacket was found in someone's possession, I believe the best bet would be with this individual being a person of interest and potential suspect in her disappearance and possible demise. I think until police come out with evidence that compliments or contrasts against the details that exist so far, this is one of the only logical theories to have -- unless, of course, you're someone who believes that her father had something to do with her disappearance.

What do you think happened to Anjelica Hadsell? Are you someone who believes what her father said on Sunday's podcast, or do you think his interview was full of red flags?

Update 3/21/2015 -- Please read the new update on this case; My thoughts on the arrest of Wesley Hadsell.

110 comments:

1. I lived in Norfolk for a few years and own a house around the corner from the Hadsells, one thing is certain, AJ is a great kid, she grew up with a loving supportive family and she is someone that my daughters have always looked up to and want to be like, she was always on the ball fields behind her family's home, she umpired games and always had a smile for everyone. She is the kind of person that brings a smile to your face every time you see her. She is the kind of young lady that parents hope their daughters grow up to be like. She is in our thoughts and prayers and will remain there until she is brought home safe and sound and may god have mercy on the person or persons responsible for this... if it were one of my beautiful daughters the hard working taxpayers of Norfolk wouldn't have to worry about paying for a trial...

ReplyDelete
  2. My husband's family has been lifelong residents of the Tarrallton community, our youngest daughter attends Norview with AJ's younger sister. We are a big city, but a small tight knit community that supports each other. Tarrallton is full of life long residents, adults who grew up there and remained to raise their families. Everyone needs to focus on ANJELICA. And to the ones who have the nerve to bring up someone's past, while they are searching for their missing child?? I hope and pray that they do not ever have to endure what the Hadsell family is going through right now- not knowing where their daughter/sibling is?? How dare you point fingers for the sole purpose to have something to say! Instead of fueling rumors, how about post flyers, share in social media (things that help get AJ's face out there and her story), sell bracelets, SAY A PRAYER for her and her family, and then say another that you NEVER have to deal with it being your child missing! My prayers are for the family and the safe return of AJ! Then whoever is responsible better hide... because TARRALLTON will be coming for you!

3. ChelseaHoffman.ComMarch 18, 2015 at 10:06 AM

Thank you @Michelle Lane and @SPMcMahon for commenting with your thoughts.

4. MeLissa Rip JaedaRose WilliamsMarch 18, 2015 at 6:26 PM

I believe not bringing up the past however his previous wife went missing too. Was she ever found?

5. ChelseaHoffman.ComMarch 18, 2015 at 7:10 PM

They were found and arrested together -- years ago of course. The actual details of the situation differ a bit from the way the situation was reported, as far as I can tell.

6. Arrested together?

7. ChelseaHoffman.ComMarch 18, 2015 at 11:38 PM

I had read another report from back then that said they were both arrested. The report you've shared doesn't use that wording -- but does note that they fled together.

Main point: The details aren't clear. I'm not necessarily defending Wesley, but I'm not convinced his past has anything to do with AJ's disappearance.

ReplyDelete
  8. I think people are way too naive. I think it is weird that this guy who has only been married to her mom 2-3 years, constantly refers to her as my daughter. I think if you've gotten away with it before, it is easier to justify it and do it the next you feel wronged or threatened.

ReplyDelete
  9. I don't see much searching. I see a lot of talk by one person, presenting his own actions in the best light, while trying to bring in suspects as POI' s that the police have not said anything about. A person is usually designated a POI by LE. As far as focussing on AJ, praying is useful. I don't know about selling bracelets but it is a useful way to bond the community and gives people a common goal. Lady, you need to calm down. What makes you think threatening in capital letters, talking like you hate everybody is helping?

ReplyDelete
  10. No. His first wife has never been found. Ms. Hoffman, where are you getting your info?

ReplyDelete
  11. Charged with rape and kidnapping, assault, that all went away when she disappeared in 2005. Please keep the facts straight.

ReplyDelete
  12. "Threatening in capital letters, talking like you hate everybody"... I am not sure where you got that from... lol but you obviously have never had the privilege of being part of a life long, multi-generation community; where we celebrate the successes of one another. Fathers are best friends with fathers.
    When someone hurts, we all hurt... heartbreak over the loss of a child? Wendy, I sincerely pray that you never experience that- as a community, or the parent. (Stop reading more into capital letters than necessary)

ReplyDelete
  13. YES HIS FIRST WIFE WAS FOUND... (there's your capital letters)

14. ChelseaHoffman.ComMarch 19, 2015 at 7:28 AM

Not every missing person's case ends like an episode of Law & Order.

15. ChelseaHoffman.ComMarch 19, 2015 at 7:32 AM

It's not us who need to keep our facts straight. If you'd Google the case you'd know she was found safely.

I love it how people who start or end their tirades with snarky comments like "get your facts straight" are usually the ones who are in need of fact-checking the most.

16. ChelseaHoffman.ComMarch 19, 2015 at 7:42 AM

The idea that this man is a grieving father is not entertaining enough to people like @Wendy Barnes.

I wouldn't be surprised if she came from Websleuths.

ReplyDelete
  17. And they were found together..and she is alive AND WELL... (oops CAPS LOCK again)

ReplyDelete
  18. Wendy the charges went away because A.) The father jumped the gun and was concerned for his daughter and contacted police, understandable under the circumstances.. B.) They were found together, no one harmed. Regardless of the what's and the why's... @wendy barnes you are so ready to be an armchair assassin for someone you do not even know. Step away from the computer... your Google is obviously broken. In case you forgot, AJ is still missing.

19. You are so right, Chelsea

20. ChelseaHoffman.ComMarch 19, 2015 at 8:45 AM

It's not that I don't get why people are piling on Wesley. I do get it. But it seems that AJ's disappearance is taking a backseat to Wes's past. It's been days since the mainstream media said anything. It's been days since police have said anything.

Where is AJ?

21. Natasha Marie ChaparroMarch 19, 2015 at 6:19 PM

You sure have a big mouth for someone who hasn't been in this situation. And I sure as he** didn't see you out there in the search parties helping look for Aj so how about you stfu and stop creating more rumors to ruin this family and their cause... future reference no one gives a crap what Google says cause half the time is not accurate

22. Wendy Mischelle Hadsell-StokesMarch 19, 2015 at 7:58 PM

Hey WENDY BARNES....STFU!
    NOW I AM YELLING AT YOU, I AM HIS SISTER AND LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW YOU TIGHT ASS NOT KNOW-IT-ALL. .. MY BROTHER NEVER KILLED HIS FIRST WIFE SHE IS NOT DEAD GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT! DON'T MAKE ME LOOK FOR YOU AND GET IN YOUR FACE! EITHER GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT ABOUT MY FAMILY NOW OR STFU... I DON'T HAVE A RECORD AND HE'LL I DON'T LIVE IN VIRGINIA EITHER BUT I HAVE NO ISSUES WITH MEETING YOU TO DISCUSS THIS MATTER FACE TO FACE WITH ANYONE WHO THINKS THAT THEY KNOW MY FAMILY!

NOW, THIS IS ABOUT ANJELICA HADSELL NOT SOME BULLSHIT PAST THAT PEOPLE WANT TO TALK CRAP ABOUT RUMORS. ...
    THIS BEAUTIFUL 18 YEAR OLD GIRL IS MISSING AND WE NEED TO FIND HER AND BRING HER HOME... EITHER HELP OR STAY THE HELL OUT OF OUT WAY... THE FAMILY IS HURTING ENOUGH AND DON'T NEED THE BULLSHIT ANYMORE.... THIS CINDY WHO EVER AND YOU WENDY BARNES ARE TROLLS AND MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON YOU BOTH....

ReplyDelete
  23. Please post the link that said they were both arrested. I've investigated this for an hour and only read that Wesley was arrested as Michelle was his HOSTAGE.

ReplyDelete
  24. You have recently threatened people and so has your mother. I will assume you learned such violent behavior in your childhood home and therefore, so did your brother, Wesley Hadsell.

ReplyDelete
  25. Yes, she was found alive after a long manhunt by law enforcement in many states over two weeks, but how do you know that this rape and kidnapping VICTIM is "well"? Rape and kidnapping victims experience prolonged suffering.

ReplyDelete
  26. According to Wesley Hadsell's post on the BringAJhome Facebook page, it's now been 6 days since the Norfolk police talked with him. He posted that he called them several times and they won't return his calls. It's unusual for detectives to not return calls to victims' families. Hmm.

27. Wendy Mischelle Hadsell-StokesMarch 20, 2015 at 9:32 AM

No, you have no idea... you all talk so much crap.... you think you know it all but you dont. You don't know me and believe me you don't want to. I am a pretty decent person until you people start attacking my mom and my son who you brought into this. Just because my son drives a white car really? Making up stories about people being DEAD that are ALIVE AND WE'LL is not LEGAL to be saying.
    STOP CAUSING ISSUES! !!!!!
    YOU ARE THE PEOPLE CAUSING OUR FAMILY MORE STRESS AND CAUSING US TO LASH OUT. I STAYED OUT OF THIS AS LONG AS I COULD BUT YOU ALL ATTACKED MY MOTHER AND MY SON... I WILL PROTECT MY CHILD FROM PEOPLE LIKE YOU! Wesley and my son are like brothers and call themselves brothers but understand THAT IS MY SON YOU ARE ATTACKING! !!! MY GRANDCHILDREN'S FATHER!
    I WILL NOT STAND IDILY BY AND WATCH ANYONE ATTACK MY SON OR MY MOTHER!
    NOW EITHER BE OF HELP TO FIND ANJELICA HADSELL OR STFU!

ReplyDelete
  28. The best predictor of the future is the past. I cannot just ignore the rape/kidnapping charges. Also, I don't believe his accusations about the missing jacket being found. The detective told his it was not verified as the same jacket and he cut the detective off. Who cuts off an investigator giving critical info about one's missing child? Something is off. And he never told us that he and his wife were separated. More deflection.

29. ChelseaHoffman.ComMarch 20, 2015 at 1:11 PM

Look. There's no evidence, so far, of Wesley being involved. The only reason why youre sitting here fantasizing about him being a suspect is because of something he got caught up with a decade ago -- and that is extremely, extremely petty. You don't know this guy. You don't know his wife. You don't know his daughters. Sticking your nose into his marriage isn't going to find AJ and neither is coming up with conspiracy laden fantasies. Also, he and his wife are NOT separated to the best of my knowledge, and I know that firsthand -- not through gossip on some so called sleuthing forum. They were together when I interviewed him this past Sunday, but again that is not even remotely the point.

Furthermore, he did not "cut off" an investigator. Twisting facts to fit into your rhetoric is despicably dishonest. His interaction with police is similar to many other grieving parents' interactions with police during this kind of situation. He's angry that HE BELIEVES evidence was found and he's not getting answers and there are no arrests. He said/did what any parent would do faced with the information he was supposedly given.

Thank your lucky stars that *you're* not the one in this situation. It's one thing dealing with the stress of losing a loved one and having to put up with police being tight-lipped, etc -- but to have people like you oozing from the shadows trying to judge and control how you grieve without any inside knowledge of who you are, that's just beyond fucked up -- not to mention it's incredibly unhelpful, nonconstructive and unnecessary. It's also defamatory, since there is no publicized evidence to indicate that Wesley did ANYTHING at all.

Are you prepared to apologize to Wesley, his wife and their kids if someone else is arrested over this case? I doubt it. You'll just quietly slide back into the shadows to wait for the next case, because this is clearly how you get your entertainment. Because if you really gave two shits and a fuck at all about this missing woman, you'd be sharing her pictures, getting her face out there. You'd be calling the Norfolk PD every day like the rest of us have, pressuring them to do their jobs and to make public statements. Instead, you're too busy creating this conspiracy involving her dad. That's despicable.

ReplyDelete
  30. I do not think it is 'petty' to consider someones long criminal history when looking at their present situation. That is just common sense. And he himself said he 'cut off' the investigator. Those were his own words, not mine. So how am I twisting the facts when I am quoting him? As for apologizing, I have not accused him of anything. I have only said I have my suspicions. Their inconsistent timelines have made me suspicious, the late admission about him seeing her at lunch, coupled with his violent criminal past. I will not apologize for being suspicious. He may not be the guilty party. I hope he is innocent. But if someone else is convicted, I am sure WH will understand why I had my doubts about him.

ReplyDelete
  31. I don't believe that she was questioning his grief. He also said in your interview that he cut off the officer. I actually think it's pretty rude of you to curse at someone when you are supposed to be semi-professional if you are officially interviewing people. But, hey, it's your website. I know people are making a lot of judgments about the kidnapping charges but it also appears that there is someone else with his same DOB, name, etc. that had charges of the similar type in North Carolina for similar past offenses unless they are linked together. http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi/viewoffender.do?method=view&offenderID=619462

Even if this is how people get their entertainment, you are the one that's bringing it to us. That is if you consider what you do entertainment. It is very sad for the family that she is going missing. I ache for her parents and loved ones. But when people give are given inconsistent timelines or "forget" to mention key facts that might help locate someone missing, people are just going to question it. FACT.

ReplyDelete
  32. "Semi-professional" is a little more credit than she deserves.

33. ChelseaHoffman.ComMarch 20, 2015 at 4:22 PM

1. I never claimed to be professional.
    2. Yes this is my blog.
    3. He didn't cut the detective off from giving him any further information. He cut the detective off from giving him the police jargon of "we haven't confirmed, etc." When he had just found out his daughter's jacket may have been found in some guy's possession. If you had listened to the interview you would know the context in which it happened. @katydid23 was being deliberately misleading in how she addressed it in her comment.
    4. Yes, his past is shocking enough to draw concern and speculation. But that's not what's going on here. Things are getting a little out of hand with the speculation against this guy, and the borderline lynch mob online that's taking aim at him is unnecessary at this time. It's taking away from the attention that needs to be on searching for Anjelica and taking away from focusing on WHY police aren't saying anything.

I honestly believe that you guys are getting tunnel vision simply because of the thirst for sensationalism and it's getting out of hand. Does that mean I 100% trust the situation at hand? Absolutely not, but some of the things I've seen being said are absolutely reckless and unnecessary. And coming from me, that's a lot.

34. ChelseaHoffman.ComMarch 20, 2015 at 4:22 PM

@ugh personal attacks will not be tolerated here -- if you can't act like a grown up while you're here, then don't come here.

35. ChelseaHoffman.ComMarch 20, 2015 at 4:51 PM

I honestly can't remember what report I read, but it's not exactly the point I was making. If I can find out where it was, I will post it, but I honestly can't remember. And this right here is an example of what I was saying earlier about tunnel vision. Why continually obsess over something that is not (yet) officially related to this disappearance?

I'm already aware of his past. We all are. Trust me, the entire media, public and anyone else who has googled this case is well aware of his past. Police haven't declared him a POI or a suspect (yet), so moving on. We can't continually beat a dead horse about someone's past just because we don't like the things they did in their past. Were the reports covering his alleged actions horrible? Yes. Was he convicted of even half of that? Nope. It's completely reckless to keep laying into this family like this.

What everyone should be demanding is answers from the Norfolk Police Department. They are being silent. They are not saying a damned thing. They won't deny or confirm anything that's been said, and that's only making things worse. Why aren't people demanding answers from them? I've even called them and they are virtually unreachable. That is suspicious to me, and it should be of far more concern since these are the folks investigating the case. The answers lie with them at this point. Until then, are we really going to keep focusing on something that happened a decade+ ago?

Again, I want to clarify that I'm not convinced one way or the other in this case. I'm just pointing out that there are other possibilities to consider.

ReplyDelete
  36. Re:3, Quote from your interview: "They said 'We cant verify it’s hers because' – I don’t know where he was going because I cut him off. I don’t have patience anymore."

Katydid: "The detective told him it was 'not verified' as the same jacket and he cut the detective off. Who cuts off an investigator giving critical info about one's missing child?"

You: "He didn't cut the detective off from giving him any further information. He cut the detective off from giving him the police jargon of 'we haven't confirmed, etc.'"

Police "jargon," despite the fact that it's rhetoric is convoluted, is information from the police. Sorry.

ReplyDelete
  37. Sorry I just feel secondhand embarrassment for you. You write your own online profile, lauding yourself as some sort of qualified journalist yet your "intelligent, indie" interview is literally raw audio of you miserably fumbling through your ill-prepared questions. You're jamming yourself into the middle ACTUAL police investigations and ACTUAL victims and families and you don't even have a Bachelor's degree.

38. ChelseaHoffman.ComMarch 20, 2015 at 6:37 PM

@ugh Sorry you don't know how to behave like an adult on adult websites with adult discussion. You can go wherever you want, but you can't stay here. :) Bye now!

ReplyDelete
  39. I was not being 'deliberately misleading', and I think your three paragraphs of criticism towards my questions were a bit over the top. Did I really deserve the F-bomb for asking the tough questions? You ASKED for input, and I gave mine, sincerely. In MY OPINION it was odd that a parent would not want to hear WHY a detective would say that jacket could not be confirmed as the missing one. We still don't know the answer to that because WH cut him off from answering. There is nothing misleading in my comment about that.

I am not in a lynch mob. I just have some questions and suspicions. I know a lot of people, and many that have been arrested. But I don't know anyone that has been arrested for kidnapping and rape. I take that as a very serious offense. I find it odd that so many are so quick to minimize it in this situation. And I do not see it as taking the attention away from AJ. It is all about AJ in my mind. As far as I know, the ONLY person that was around her that day that has ever kidnapped a loved one was you know who. So it is an obvious concern.

I have not said anything reckless, in my opinion. I am just asking questions. I thought that was what this blog was all about.

ReplyDelete
  40. Remember the old saying, " A leopard can't/doesn't change its spots"? WH portrays himself in the media as a loving, doting father and husband who is so distraught over his missing daughter. I call bullshit. He is a manipulative, jealous, possessive, controlling narcissist who will resort to violence to achieve his goals. He has done it once and he will do it again!

I do find it amusing that his constant sniffling and choking on words proves his innocence. Did it ever cross your mind his constant sniffling is due to allergies? Or his choking on words is to hold back laughter? He has you and so many others falling for his lies hook, line, and sinker.

I do believe he is lying and he is the mastermind behind AJ's disappearance. I will continue to believe this until LE proves me wrong.

If you don't like what I said, my only suggestion is to "Cry me a river. Build a bridge. Get the fuck over it"!

41. ChelseaHoffman.ComMarch 20, 2015 at 8:40 PM

You sound like you have a rich fantasy life. It's a shame that a missing girl's case is being used for your jerkoff material.

ReplyDelete
  42. Wow! That's your response? I was expecting your comment to have some "meat and potatoes" to it. So disappointing.

43. ChelseaHoffman.ComMarch 20, 2015 at 9:02 PM

Your behavior thus far on this site shows the mentality I am dealing with here, but let me try to explain this to you:

A young woman is missing. She is only 18-years-old. She's still missing. Regardless of your suspicions, no evidence supports anything in this case other than the fact that she is missing. This is not an episode of CSI and this is not a daytime soap opera. It's also not material for you to get whatever jollies you're clearly getting off on right now. You are very obviously trolling the web and picking fights with people and using the disappearance -- or worse -- of this person as a way to wedge yourself into an emotional situation to air your histrionics. Nobody here is going to engage in any petty troll war over this case. If you want to continue to attack this girl's family based of 10+ year old news reports, speculation and outsider non-information, go do so on websleuths with the rest of the SAHMs. That kind of unnecessary tunnel vision has no place here or in the real world.

ReplyDelete
  44. Like the personal attacks you made at Katy, and the ones made by Wendy, Wes' sister? You seem awfully biased. Perhaps you're the one with tunnel vision.... If someone doesn't agree with you, you yell at them.

ReplyDelete
  45. Your response is almost the exact same verbiage you have spouted off to other posters who have expressed opinions that do not mesh with yours.

You have insulted our intelligence, called us immature, accused us of treating AJ's disappearance as a sick twisted game to get our rocks off on, and wanna-be crackpot sleuths.

I have a question for you. Do you want to be the pot or the kettle? Because they are both black.

You opened the door when you chose to "play reporter" and interview WH.

You opened the door again when you "played criminal profiler" and analyzed WH's responses.

And you had to open the door one more time by inviting readers to share their thoughts.

You should know by now if you keep opening the door, eventually people will walk through it.

Honey, you are the creator/star of this soap opera. If it wasn't for you, none of us would be here playing the supporting roles you have so graciously given us. BRAVO!

Also, one more thing, you keep saying there is no evidence proving his guilt. Show me the evidence proving his innocence.

46. Wendy Mischelle Hadsell-StokesMarch 20, 2015 at 10:25 PM

GFYS AND WHILE YOUR AT IT TAKE THE OTHERS WITH YOU!
    I am so sick of all the bullshit. ... none of you people care a DAMN about Anjelica all you care about is what you can do to hurt more people seriously? DON'T LIKE WHAT I SAY? COME ON HERE TO FLORIDA AND WE CAN TALK ABOUT IT .... I have no issues showing you back to the state line with my foot up your asses since you all seem to have your NOSE'S There already.

I do hope one day GOD FORGIVE ME FOR THIS.....

Each and everyone of you go through this or worse and everyone of you feel heartache and pain worse than we have. I never believed I could be such a COLD HEARTED BITCH UNTIL NOW, we'll I guess it takes people doing shit like this to make you realize you are tired of being walked on, stopped on, and tried before anything else.

47. ChelseaHoffman.ComMarch 20, 2015 at 10:28 PM

@Wendy Mischelle Hadsell-Stokes :( I'm so sorry your family is going through this.

48. Wendy Mischelle Hadsell-StokesMarch 20, 2015 at 10:37 PM

Thank you, I am just so tired of people taking this as a damn joke... this isn't a damn game.... there are no re-do' in this shit. I work hard daily and I didn't even know vile people were saying this shit until the other day and I about lost it. Attacking my mother, my son and my brother people must be crazy because if they I am going to just sit by and watch that is not going to happen. EVER! That you can mark my words on... PROMISE YOU ON THAT!

ReplyDelete
  49. That's a bit uncalled for.

ReplyDelete
  50. But did he do it twice??? Was this his first conviction for in NORTH CAROLINA then again in OHIO? If it's the same guy, then I guess he didn't learn his lesson from the first trip to jail.

ReplyDelete
  51. Your violent POS brother is in jail AGAIN, Wendy Mischelle Hadsell-Stokes. It won't be long until he's charged with AJ's murder. Tell your white trash mom and cousin to fully cooperate with the police or you'll have to visit them in prison for decades too.

52. ChelseaHoffman.ComMarch 21, 2015 at 2:24 PM

@Gladys Kravitz Again, I'm reserving my judgement until more evidence is released by police, but I wanted to point out that he recently went fishing -- and police are searching a marshy area. Perhaps his fishing trip was not just for fishing?

Again, I'm reserving judgment until I have evidence to believe he's not a grieving father, but that fact stood out to me.

ReplyDelete
  53. It looks like the NPD is not so silent right now. What do you think about the arrest of WH ?

ReplyDelete
  54. How do you know he recently went fishing?

55. ChelseaHoffman.ComMarch 21, 2015 at 3:16 PM

@katydid23 I'm still waiting to see what evidence -- if any -- they have, before I share my unfiltered opinion.

The arrest did raise my attention, though.

56. ChelseaHoffman.ComMarch 21, 2015 at 3:17 PM

He's my Facebook friend. He posted about it.

ReplyDelete
  57. Are you willing to provide a screenshot for those of us not privy?

58. ChelseaHoffman.ComMarch 21, 2015 at 4:21 PM

I don't want to betray his trust, but he went fishing on the 18th. Called it 'taught line therapy' to gather his thoughts.

However, he also made a comment shortly before he was arrested and he was making a veiled threat at someone -- possibly a person he talked about in the interview.

59. ChelseaHoffman.ComMarch 21, 2015 at 4:59 PM

Some of the new details are a little disturbing to be honest.

60. ChelseaHoffman.ComMarch 21, 2015 at 5:02 PM

@Gladys Kravitz @Ann O. @xxMotermouthxx @katydid23 @Wendy Barnes @Natasha Marie Chaparro @MeLissa Rip JaedaRose Williams @Michelle Lane @Wendy Mischelle Hadsell-Stokes @Monymony5006

I will be updating my commentary on this case in a new post, and will be sharing the link to it here. Things have changed.

ReplyDelete
  61. Also, he was arrested at his hotel. So he was separated. I think you accused me of fantasizing that. OK< I am just joking so please do not get angry. Just sayin....

62. ChelseaHoffman.ComMarch 21, 2015 at 5:30 PM

lol, well their separation is a new thing

At the time of the interview they were together.

Not angry, I've just been trying to maintain a point that we don't have reason to go THERE yet.. but guess what.. now we do ;) (stay tuned for new post)

63. melissa constableMarch 21, 2015 at 7:18 PM

I'd like to know how in Wesley Hadsell's interview you didn't question his discrepancies? This interview left more questions then answers and yet with all your supposed experience you didn't call him out on any of them.In fact you chose to tell everyone what a sad grieving father he is . Now that facts are changing only now are you changing your stance .
    I'm not saying you should of accused him.At the time I was keeping an open mind but you've stated you're a criminal profiler and yet he has managed to hoodwink you .
    Basic criminal knowledge tells us that family members need to be discounted first . Fact !

I can't believe someone who claims to be a criminal profiler has gotten so many cases completely wrong . I could start naming a huge list but I don't want to fill up this thread .

ReplyDelete
  64. Thank you for the image. Disturbing, and condemning. We'll see what the police pull out of their hat in the next few days.

ReplyDelete
  65. Alot doesn't make sense and if you ask the father of ajs sisters he has alot to say about the time line and evidence found being strange and not adding up. I just pray that AJ is found and is

66. ChelseaHoffman.ComMarch 21, 2015 at 8:03 PM

@melissa constable You have not been paying attention.

1. My interview style is to let the person that I am interviewing TALK, not the other way around. My style isn't to condemn the person to whom I'm speaking. My style is to give the person an opportunity to say what's on their mind and share their side.

2. I've said from the beginning that I'm not convinced of one thing or the other. I've simply refrained from judging someone based on their past. I've always said that I need more info from police, etc before I even begin to form an opinion. That hasn't necessarily changed either.

3. You keep bringing up that I'm a criminal profiler, yet I don't think you quite understand what it means to be one. Let me just let you know that it does NOT involve making snap judgments about people, using "gotcha journalism" tactics during interviews or making accusations without forensic evidence or official police statements to back them up. I don't know who told you that it does entail this, but it does not.

Criminal profilers also don't solve cases, so your comments about me getting cases wrong is a non-point. We're also not psychics or mediums, as you appear to be thinking. My analysis of cases does not involve making predictions that are correct or incorrect -- and this is in my FAQ, which you should read instead of firing off from your keyboard as if you have even the slightest clue about what I do, how I do it or how successfully I do it.

Your comments about me and this whole situation are just very ignorant.

67. ChelseaHoffman.ComMarch 21, 2015 at 8:04 PM

Also he lied to me during our interview!

68. ChelseaHoffman.ComMarch 21, 2015 at 8:04 PM

If you pay attention to new details, you'll see that he lied to me during our interview.

ReplyDelete
  69. You should talk with the other girls father.

70. ChelseaHoffman.ComMarch 21, 2015 at 8:19 PM

I'm in contact with a family member on that side, waiting for father to contact me (hopefully)

ReplyDelete
  71. Yes and people pointed that out and you cursed at them...

72. ChelseaHoffman.ComMarch 21, 2015 at 9:04 PM

That is not true. Unless you're claiming that these commenters are psychics, since the only people I've "cursed at" made accusations of him lying before he was even arrested, therefore before he made conflicting statements. Please pay attention to timestamps before frivolously making damaging comments. Thanks.

ReplyDelete
  73. The issue is that several people were correct In their "accusations" and you were blatantly rude with them for voicing it. Perhaps you're a little irritated that so many others caught onto to lies before you did.

74. ChelseaHoffman.ComMarch 21, 2015 at 9:16 PM

What on earth are you talking about? I am encouraging against forming lynch mobs against people based on their past, and holding off until there is evidence.

I find it sad that you think this is a matter of being right or wrong. It shows how simple minded people like you are being, and simple minds have no business publicly voicing opinions over complex things. Sorry if you think it's rude, that's just a fact.

75. ChelseaHoffman.ComMarch 21, 2015 at 9:35 PM

To clarify: I'm not trying to be right or wrong. I'm trying to be rational and fair. If you're attaching yourself to these real life cases to play a game of 'can i predict the outcome' with them, then you're here for the wrong reasons.

76. Jennifer N. Rash KeirleMarch 21, 2015 at 9:41 PM

Something is off. He's been arrested for obstruction of justice. He broke into the home of that person and found the jacket himself. Yet he comes on here and tells lies... He may very well be innocent, but right now he doesn't look so innocent.

77. ChelseaHoffman.ComMarch 21, 2015 at 9:42 PM

Jennifer N. Rash Keirle read my post about that:

78. Jennifer N. Rash KeirleMarch 21, 2015 at 9:55 PM

Thanks Chelsea. I live within 1.5 of their home and I've been following this case very closely. I myself was very objective in the beginning. When I saw comments online of his past, I assumed they might be nasty rumors or another person of the same name. I hate to think that her own stepfather may know more than he lets on. Even his testimony on your podcast did not sit well with me, but there have been far too many inconsistencies in his story. And there shouldn't be... Everyone in Norfolk is taking different sides, and I tried hard not to, but today everything changed for me. Why tell lies to you? For what purpose? It's so strange. I think you've done some excellent work in putting the facts out there as well as being as objective as possible.

I hate to think negatively, but I have a terrible feeling this ends in heartbreak for family and friends. I still hope to God she returns home alive, but I'm feeling very defeated in this one right now.

My continued prayers are being sent to those that love her and know her best. She sounds like an awesome girl from what I've heard.

79. william friend IIIMarch 21, 2015 at 10:39 PM

Does anybody know what the tattoos on Wesley Hadsell's eyelids say?

80. ChelseaHoffman.ComMarch 21, 2015 at 10:45 PM

Don't know. But would like to.

ReplyDelete
  81. "constant sniffing" is more indicative of a cold than emotion which was completely lacking in his interview.

ReplyDelete
  82. It seems he lied to everyone. At the time, there was no way to know. Even law enforcement fell for it in the beginning. I think your interview was valuable because it establishes a great foundation "of record". Even though it was obvious he is behind AJ's disappearance, that intuition means nothing without evidence. Your interview provides a piece of that evidence.

83. william friend IIIMarch 22, 2015 at 8:25 AM

found out it says "game over"...

84. Plus he was convicted of kidnapPing and rapping his ex wife in 05

85. ChelseaHoffman.ComMarch 22, 2015 at 10:28 AM

He was not convicted of those things at all. He was convicted of unlawful restraint.

ReplyDelete
  86. There is no way that you go on nancy grace and say we last seen her that morning but then later on say Hold On. I actually met up with her in the afternoon. For weeks the fb page said 7am last seen by family. Now its 1pm last seen by family. Come on. Did mom know that he seen her in the noon before clarifying on march 5th fb post that AJ was last seen by family at 7am. Plus neighbors could be wrong or mistaken.

ReplyDelete
  87. Wes was probably scoping her out since she was 15. He is only 36. He probably thought of her differently then the other daughters.

ReplyDelete
  88. Maybe the wife was scared of the nut so the d.a just offered him a plea on a lesser charge.

89. ChelseaHoffman.ComMarch 22, 2015 at 11:37 AM

We don't know that, so it would only be speculation. The point is that he was NOT convicted of those things, and it's dishonest to say otherwise.

ReplyDelete
  90. He was ready to say the persons name but then you said we will get back to that and i know you cant say the persons name.

I liked your interview but you could have baited him on some things while he was freely rambling. You should have been asking more questions to his detail information that he was giving. You could have got more specifics on the gas station meetup, the jacket finding, the card finding, his location, etc.

ReplyDelete
  91. If he thinks the kid with the jacket is guilty then why not say his name and protest in front his house like christina morris moms did to enrique.

Wouldnt he want people to watch the guy.

ReplyDelete
  92. You should interview zach hoffer. He seems decent. But i must admit that we have learned more from your interview then we have this whole case. Plus since its documented then it holds up in court if needed. So i do take my hat off to you for that interview.

93. ChelseaHoffman.ComMarch 22, 2015 at 12:03 PM

It was my understanding that the police didn't want the name leaked. I try to respect people when I have them on my show. It's what keeps people on my show ;) There's also the issue with legality. If he were to completely accuse someone -- someone innocent -- I'd have to remove my podcast eventually if the person were to sue, etc etc. I'd rather not go through that. I'm just one person, not a big news agency.

My interview style isn't to bait people or trap them. It's to let them talk. Sometimes the best thing you can do is just let someone talk. ;)

ReplyDelete
  94. I have to say I am absolutely dumbfounded by your ignorance. And honestly I am beginning to wonder if you cover these cases not because of your concern for these women but your own sick fetish for criminals, as you have made it clear that you fall all over every line out of Wesley's mouth, run commercials during your interviews that solicit people who are sexually obsessed with serial killers DURING YOUR POD CAST! and then make references to masturbation in your response to a legit pot. YOU ARE A DISTURBED WOMEN CHELEA HOFFMAN!

95. CrazyEaterTartGirlMarch 23, 2015 at 1:20 PM

They pled him out because she didn't want to testify and juries rarely convict in spousal rape. Over 90% of cases plead out, it means nothing about what he actually did.

96. ChelseaHoffman.ComMarch 23, 2015 at 1:21 PM

This is still all just speculation. He still was not convicted. Unless of course, you have some kind of insider information?

97. CrazyEaterTartGirlMarch 23, 2015 at 1:36 PM

It's not speculation. There was enough evidence to arrest and indict. The fact that he pled to lesser charges does not make the probable cause required to secure the indictment disappear.

98. ChelseaHoffman.ComMarch 23, 2015 at 1:40 PM

Definition of speculation:
    "The forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence."

That is exactly what you're doing. Do you have the police reports? Do you have the indictment report? Do you have any of the official documents? Or are you simply forming a theory based only on what media had reported back in 2005?

You can *believe* and *think* and *suspect* that he raped, etc etc, all you want. But the fact still stands that he was not convicted of these crimes and there is no publicized evidence or proof to indicate that he committed these crimes other than a handful of news reports -- and if you believe that every news report you've ever read has been 100% accurate on facts then I have a bridge to sell you.

99. CrazyEaterTartGirlMarch 23, 2015 at 1:46 PM

No, honey, educate yourself on the definition of probable cause. HE WAS CHARGED. HE PLED OUT. Those facts are not even in dispute. I'm done with you.

100. ChelseaHoffman.ComMarch 23, 2015 at 1:48 PM

Getting emotional because you don't have the facts won't win you any arguments. The fact of the matter is clear: If you don't have the facts, you're speculating. Period.

ReplyDelete
  101. Have you read zachs blog from years ago.

ReplyDelete
  102. I think the family has been through enough until we know what is going on leave that poor family alone god bless them l send my love and prayers to AJ and her family

ReplyDelete
  103. First off, I want to ask you how old you are Chelsea? You keep telling people here not to judge as if that makes you somehow morally superior to the rest of us. I have news for you, it doesn't. What it does is make you and anyone else who is naive enough to listen to you, artificially stupid. It also places you and them at greater risk to falling victim to the kind of monster that preys on people who who refuse to exercise good judgement. .

That judgement is there for a reason. USE IT! If more people did nowadays, tragedies such as this wouldn't be on the rise.

The man you are defending, scores at least 10 out of 18 points on the Hare checklist for Psychopathy and that's just from casual observation. You say not to judge him based on his past, when any Psychologist worth their salary will tell you that the best indicator for future behavior is past behavior. Yes people can and do change, but if WH's drug use is an indication then that supposition becomes highly unlikely, and even dangerous to those listen to your tripe.

You asked someone earlier if he was prepared to issue an apology to WH and his family if he's found not guilty of these charges.Then you insinuated that person would sink back into the woodwork like a coward.

Are YOU prepared to issue an apology to all of the people that you have insulted for posting here with sound advice and judgement? The very same advice that you would get from career law enforcement professionals who have seen sights that would make your blood run cold and cause you to have nightmares every night?

Or are you going to keep pushing your opinions and feeling as fact and berating anyone with enough common sense to disagree with your naive liberal agenda?

104. First off, I want to ask you how old you are Chelsea? You keep telling
    people here not to judge as if that makes you somehow morally superior
    to the rest of us. I have news for you, it doesn't. What it does is make
    you and anyone else who is naive enough to listen to you, artificially
    stupid. It also places you and them at greater risk to falling victim to
    the kind of monster that preys on people who who refuse to exercise
    good judgement. .

The
    man you are defending, scores at least 10 out of 18 points on the Hare
    checklist for Psychopathy and that's just from casual observation. You
    say not to judge him based on his past, when any Psychologist worth
    their salary will tell you that the best indicator for future behavior
    is past behavior. Yes people can and do change, but if WH's drug use is
    an indication then that supposition becomes highly unlikely, and even
    dangerous to those listen to your tripe.

You asked someone
    earlier if he was prepared to issue an apology to WH and his family if
    he's found not guilty of these charges.Then you insinuated that person
    would sink back into the woodwork like a coward.

Are YOU
    prepared to issue an apology to all of the people that you have insulted
    for posting here with sound advice and judgement? The very same advice
    that you would get from career law enforcement professionals who have
    seen sights that would make your blood run cold and cause you to have
    nightmares every night?

Or are you going to keep pushing your
    opinions and feeling as fact and berating anyone with enough common
    sense to disagree with your naive liberal agenda?

105. First off, I want to ask you how old you are Chelsea? You keep telling
    people here not to judge as if that makes you somehow morally superior
    to the rest of us. I have news for you, it doesn't. What it does is make
    you and anyone else who is naive enough to listen to you, artificially
    stupid. It also places you and them at greater risk to falling victim to
    the kind of monster that preys on people who who refuse to exercise
    good judgement. .

The
    man you are defending, scores at least 10 out of 18 points on the Hare
    checklist for Psychopathy and that's just from casual observation. You
    say not to judge him based on his past, when any Psychologist worth
    their salary will tell you that the best indicator for future behavior
    is past behavior. Yes people can and do change, but if WH's drug use is
    an indication then that supposition becomes highly unlikely, and even
    dangerous to those listen to your tripe.

You asked someone
    earlier if he was prepared to issue an apology to WH and his family if
    he's found not guilty of these charges.Then you insinuated that person
    would sink back into the woodwork like a coward.

Are YOU
    prepared to issue an apology to all of the people that you have insulted
    for posting here with sound advice and judgement? The very same advice
    that you would get from career law enforcement professionals who have
    seen sights that would make your blood run cold and cause you to have
    nightmares every night?

Or are you going to keep pushing your
    opinions and feeling as fact and berating anyone with enough common
    sense to disagree with your naive liberal agenda?

106. First off, I want to ask you how old you are Chelsea? You keep telling
    people here not to judge as if that makes you somehow morally superior
    to the rest of us. I have news for you, it doesn't. What it does is make
    you and anyone else who is naive enough to listen to you, artificially
    stupid. It also places you and them at greater risk to falling victim to
    the kind of monster that preys on people who who refuse to exercise
    good judgement. .

The
    man you are defending, scores at least 10 out of 18 points on the Hare
    checklist for Psychopathy and that's just from casual observation. You
    say not to judge him based on his past, when any Psychologist worth
    their salary will tell you that the best indicator for future behavior
    is past behavior. Yes people can and do change, but if WH's drug use is
    an indication then that supposition becomes highly unlikely, and even
    dangerous to those who listen to your tripe.

107. You asked someone
    earlier if he was prepared to issue an apology to WH and his family if
    he's found not guilty of these charges.Then you insinuated that person
    would sink back into the woodwork like a coward.

Are YOU
    prepared to issue an apology to all of the people that you have insulted
    for posting here with sound advice and judgement? The very same advice
    that you would get from career law enforcement professionals who have
    seen sights that would make your blood run cold and cause you to have
    nightmares every night?

Or are you going to keep pushing your
    opinions and feeling as fact and berating anyone with enough common
    sense to disagree with your naive liberal agenda?

ReplyDelete
  108. If someone asked you, tells us about your missing child...
    What would you say?
    He is smart
    He is funny
    etc etc
    IS.
    Becuase you speak of someone that is alive in present tense.
    In one interview with Chelsea, well before her body was found... Step dad said these phrases.

My daughter was an awesome person
    WAS responsible
    CARED about us
    WAS an overall good girl
    WAS an awesome person
    To me, this tells us he knows she is no longer IS but WAS.
    If he thinks she is missing, he should speak in present tense.
    He failed.
    Who else did this.
    Susan Smith while searching for the car jacker "My babies needed me"
    Casey Anthony when Caylee was "missing" "she loved the park"
    Verb tense is something that even children understand.

Its instinctive.

When you speak of a person in the past tense, it is because they are deseased and you already know this.
    And in this case, it was not once. He did it over and over.
    The police have also noted this.....
    Read about Statement analysis. The more you do the more sense that will make.

Step daddy knew she was dead before the cops knew she was dead

109. I do not like this.
    I have a step son. If he was missing, that would be my only focus. I would not be going fishing. I would not be worried about gathering my thoughts. We would be searching.
    Behavior like this is off.
    When behavior is off, then you need to look closer.

ReplyDelete

Leave your feedback, but keep it civil! Although you may comment anonymously, all comments are moderated before they are approved for publication.